Learning photography be it a personal or professional choice might seem like climbing a steep mountain and reaching the long awaited peak in order to see the view. It is indeed difficult to attain the state when you will be satisfied while comparing your photography with the expert ones. Before that you need to struggle bringing it in your grip and most of the time you may feel dissatisfied looking at the snaps taken by you. Why not we make the process easy for you!
There are few basics one needs to follow before beginning as an amateur photographer. But one thing which you must consider is that, since photography is an art executed by a science, you have to know how to celebrate the aesthetic of the subject of your photography. The most important technique of photography is to think yourself a photographer for long and you will soon become one. This might seem weird to you but that's the fact. The most powerful boon you have is your mind which can both be constructive as well as destructive. If you choose you support the creativity of your mind along with the eyes a photographer looks at the world through, you certainly will be an expert in it. Therefore wipe away your negativity that you cannot do it, and have faith in yourself.
Now talking about the various photography techniques, some are worth mentioning:
- Focus your attention and keep your mind clear: all this is about is what you find to be the most interesting around you that needs a capture. See what interests you most. The colour of the object, or their interaction. This will help you determine the camera you need from the camera store.
- Remember that your eyes have a superior range than what your camera has: this refers to the efficiency of eyes and how well they entrap the lights and shadows of the object. First that needs to be clear before you see it through the lenses.
- Understand the need of the image: you need to judge if the image or the picture demands expansion or contraction of its range. This can be determined by a finer sense of mind and eyes. Whether the object needs to be zoomed and that too how much needs a finer eye to resolve.
- You need to be ready and quick all the time: the precious moments that need a capture come and go within few seconds. So you need to be alert and ready to take the image with all its demanding quality and resolution within that small stretch of time.
- Understand the features of your camera: you should have the full knowledge about the camera you are using. You must know its shutter speeds, aperture and ISO.
- The best camera doesn't produce best pictures: this is an important factor you must know. Being an amateur, you must not go for an expensive camera. First you need to practise the basic things about photography with an ordinary yet professional camera to know the exact rule a perfect photography demands.
All these photographic techniques should be known to the beginners to go to the next step of the ladder.
Jake, a professional photographer, writes in his article about various photography techniques that a photographer (personal or professional) needs to follow in order to make his camera bought from the camera store worth it.